Sunday, November 2, 2014

Camping

We bought a big travel trailer for camping this summer. Since our camper is giant and needs electric, most sites were already taken. Amanda got a new job as an LPN and booked a trip with Crystal and Austin at the end of June. We took her site and camped with them at Fair Haven. The kids loved every minute of it. It was our first time using the camper and because it was brand new, we couldn't get the AC to come on. The entire week it was 90 degrees!!!!! It was a hot box! No fan, no nothing! We tried everything! Come to find out, the fan was just stuck and needed to be bumped to kick it into gear! Unreal! haha! For some reason the only photo I have is of Brinley and Rileigh on the playground. I know I took more, so hopefully I will find them and add to this! Our next trip was to Selkirk with my mom. Her sister was supposed to come so she booked her own site and set up a tent for them. Well...they never showed up so she was solo in that tent lol. We had a nice relaxing week there. Beautiful weather....it was actually really cold a couple of days. I don't think we even went to the beach at all. We just hung out at the site and the kids hit up the rec center every 2 hours for their activities. These are the memories my kiddos will have as they grow older....at least I hope so :) You may have noticed a cute little white puppy! Oaklie joined our family on July 4th! Brinley and I found her at the pet store in Oswego. We went back and seen her again and almost bought her but I was too worried it would be too much on me. Finally, the 4th of July...mom and I went to JCPenney to look for a dress for my cousin's wedding and we stopped in...she was still there but in someone's arms! A couple was ready to buy her and walk out of the store with her...so I told mom...let's stop back after we shop and if she's gone it wasn't meant to be. Of course we stopped back and she wasn't up front so I thought she was gone :(. We walked to the back of the store...and there she was...cute as can be...needless to say...she's now mine :)

No comments: