Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Darien Lake

We went to Darien Lake last Fri.-Sun. It was quite the trip! When we got there, we started setting up our tents and it started to down poor....I'm taking down poor! So we were all drenched, kids were a mess, tents soaked and everything was a disaster! After we set up, the rain lightened up a bit and we decided to drive to the closest Red Lobster and have a nice DRY dinner! When we got back..like 7pm we were able to hit some roller coasters. Tristan was able to sneak on the Viper...which is a big roller coaster that goes upside-down and does loops! He was only 2 inches too short to do most of the coasters, but for some reason they didn't check his height for this one! It was his first big coaster and I guess he liked it because he went back for a second ride! Fri. night we went back to our site and seen we had company...a new group of campers right across from us. They were drinking all night! They had the worst language I've ever heard....blaired their radio and were just aweful! We were hoping that since 11pm was quiet time they would settle down. Well, we were WRONG! They were crazy until 3am! I tried to call security to come take care of them, but I couldn't get through on the phone line. Anyhow, I called the office the next morning and told her of our problems. Night #2 came around and needless to say, they were worse because another group joined them! I finally got so mad I got in my car and flagged down a security vehicle at 2am! Nice huh? That about sums it up! I complained to the head of accomodations and now we are getting 1/2 our money back and a free stay for 2 nights :)
Sat. we spent most of the day in the park in the wave pool because it was so dang HOT! The kids loved riding the kiddie rides and going in the Hook's Lagoon...which was a kiddie water area. Sun. was our highlight when Jimmy, Ryan and Tristan went on the SKYCOASTER....I can't believe Tristan was tall enough to do it and actually wanted to! If it wasn't $25 a person to ride it he would have done it again! I told him he had to save his pennies and next time he could pay! We did buy the video of his ride! It was too good to pass up! We had a good trip other than our sleepless nights there LOL...here are some pictures :)




















1 comment:

Jen said...

Looks like you all had a blast! And I don't blame you for complaining, it was worth it.